by Chloe Harris (178 points)
Share this Recipe:
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line and grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, add bananas, eggs, oil, vanilla, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, sugar and apple sauce. Blend till a thick and smooth paste forms.
- Transfer the banana mixture into a bowl.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda and mix well. Fold in walnuts.
- Place bread mixture in prepared loaf pan.
- Dust the top of loaf with ground cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.